We love this Native American wisdom. Like many of the teachings that come from indigenous culture, they are a roadmap for living a more balanced and connected life.
The beauty of these ancient pillars of existence is that they are SO relevant today. We may think we are evolved and educated but we have a lot to learn.
- The Earth is our mother, care for her.
- Honour your ancestors through your actions.
- Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.
- All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.
- Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
- Put the good of ALL before your own interests.
- Give constant thanks for each new day.
- Speak the truth, but only of the good in others.
- Follow the rhythms of nature; rise and retire with the sun.
- Enjoy life’s journey but leave no tracks.
They seem so simple. But sometimes we forget them.